Graduates with social science Master's degrees are in high demand. Recent data shows that social science graduates are more likely to be in paid employment than arts or science graduates, and more likely to secure managerial roles.
Increased focus on people, relationships and communication skills means that our Sociology and Sociology with Criminology students have gone into fields as diverse as teaching, human resources, the police and journalism.
With a degree in Politics, International Development, Sociology and Sociology with Criminology or NGO Management, you will have excellent opportunities to work in exciting and engaging organisations around the world and in your local community. We equip you with the skills and qualities that are attractive to NGOs, government bodies, local councils, charities, and government advisory companies, as well as many more employers. A dedicated career path after university could lead to working at international organisations such as the European Union, the OECD, the World Bank, the United Nations, and many more.
Our students have gone on to work in roles that give ultimate job satisfaction – working for positive change in the world – setting up their own NGOs to work in Peru, India, Tanzania, the Congo; working on the logistics of delivering humanitarian aid; doing policy work for the UK's Department for International Development or World Health Organisation, and fundraising for charitable foundations.
At UEL, you'll have access to:
- Employability skills training such as interview techniques and CV writing.
- Career Assessment, giving you the opportunity to learn about yourself and Career Coach will help you to discover career suggestions based on your interests.
- UEL Skills Academy, where external professionals deliver sessions on the competencies most prized by graduate employers.
- Internships, placements and volunteering opportunities from our work placements team.
- Professional mentoring scheme, matching students with staff from major companies.
- Networking opportunities and annual careers fair.
- Support with setting up your own business.