Because of its wide-ranging subject matter, you will find engineering opportunities in a huge variety of sectors across the spectrum of electrical, mechanical, structural and civil engineering. These include: aerospace, automotive, construction, defence, energy, manufacturing, marine, materials and metals, pharmaceuticals, railways, sport, surveying, and the utilities industries. Excellent graduates can also pursue their doctoral studies for careers in the academic sector.
At UEL, you'll have access to:
- Employability skills training such as interview techniques and CV writing.
- Career Assessment, giving you the opportunity to learn about yourself and Career Coach will help you to discover career suggestions based on your interests.
- UEL Skills Academy, where external professionals deliver sessions on the competencies most prized by graduate employers.
- Internships, placements and volunteering opportunities from our work placements team.
- Professional mentoring scheme, matching students with staff from major companies.
- Networking opportunities and annual careers fair.
- Support with setting up your own business.