The sole goal of training to teach is to become a teacher and our students often secure jobs within our partnership, and in the schools, where they undertake their training placements. UEL also provides wider specialist career advice to support you as you gather the evidence you need to work in an education-related career.
You will make contact with potential employers through your 24-week school-based placements. High-quality coaching and mentoring, careers fairs, workshops and events with renowned guest speakers & lecturers, are also provided. These provide essential support to secure teaching jobs and career opportunities.
Our postgraduate and Master's courses offer clear advancement opportunities in supporting promotion and leadership development for teachers and educational practitioners.
At UEL, you'll have access to:
- Employability skills training such as interview techniques and CV writing.
- Career Assessment, giving you the opportunity to learn about yourself and Career Coach will help you to discover career suggestions based on your interests.
- UEL Skills Academy, where external professionals deliver sessions on the competencies most prized by graduate employers.
- Internships, placements and volunteering opportunities from our work placements team.
- Professional mentoring scheme, matching students with staff from major companies.
- Networking opportunities and annual careers fair.
- Support with setting up your own business.