Dr Richard Addo-Tenkorang
Supply Chain Management, CIME, STAMP
, Royal Docks School of Business & Law
Dr Richard Addo-Tenkorang is a lecturer in Supply Chain Management (SCM) at the Royal Docks School of Business and Law (RDSBL) since 2022.
- BEng (Hons) – Mechanical Engineering (University of Wolverhampton, School of Engineering & Built Environment)
- MSc – Digital Enterprise Management (University of Westminster, Westminster Business School, London)
- PGCE – HE & FE Padagogycal Studies (Jyvaskya Applied Science University – Teacher Education College, Finland)
- DSc-Tech. – Industrial Engineering and Management (University of Vaasa, Finland)
- International Association of Engineers - IAENG (Full Active Member)
- The Institute of Engineering and Technology - Chartered Member CEngMIET (Full Active Member)
- The Institute of Research Engineers and Doctors - IRED (Active Senior Member)
- Institute of Mechanical Engineers - IMechE (Affiliate Member)
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals - CSCMP (Member)
- National Society of Black Engineers – NSBE (Full Active Professional Development Member)
- Chartered Management Institute (Member)
Areas Of Interest
- Digital supply chain management (SCM 4.0)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Digital manufacturing - 3D Printing
- Smart/cloud manufacturing - IoT, AI, VR, AR, Digital Twin
- Big data analytics and management
- Value-chain management
- Digital enterprise management.
Before joining UEL and the RDSBL, Richard at worked at various higher education and further education institutions across Europe (University of Vaasa, Finland, Aalborg University, Denmark, Brunel University, UK and also South Essex College and Bedford College Group) in various capacities as a post-doctoral researcher, lecturer, university lecturer and Head of School – Engineering. Richard worked on areas covering learning, teaching and assessment on applied management, applied engineering and applied technology.
His research focuses primarily on digital supply chain management (SCM 4.0); Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems; digital manufacturing – 3D printing, smart/cloud manufacturing - IoT, AI, VR, AR, digital twin; big data analytics and management; value-chain management and digital enterprise management.
His research has been published in leading national and internationally renowned publishing houses. Dr Addo-Tenkorang received his D.Sc. - Tech (Industrial Engineering & Management) with a thesis titled "Conceptual Framework for Large-Scale Complex Engineering - Design & Delivery Processes: A Case of Enterprise SCM Network Activities and Analysis" from the University of Vaasa, Finland. His thesis developed a conceptual framework for enterprise supply chain management for a manufacturing company.
Richard is a creative and motivated professional engineer, educator and researcher who sets high standards in all aspects of his role. Excellent interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively at all levels. A proven good track record of leadership, management, and teamwork: curriculum development, and experiences in industrial engineering, manufacturing systems, new product development and digital supply-chain management. He is flexible to any arising work demands, a critical, logical thinker and has a positive professional attitude.
Online profile links
MOST RECENT RESEARCH
- Addo-Tenkorang, R., Helo, P., Sivula, A., Gwangwava, N. (2022). The Complexity of Data-Driven in Engineer-To-Order Enterprise Supply-Chains. In: Batako, A., Burduk, A., Karyono, K., Chen, X., Wyczółkowski, R. (eds) Advances in Manufacturing Processes, Intelligent Methods and Systems in Production Engineering. GCMM 2021. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, vol 335. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-90532-3_39
- Babedi Kufigwa, Norman Gwangwava, Richard Addo-Tenkorang, (2021).Strategic and Sustainable Implementation of 5S in a Beef Abattoir. International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IJIEOM), Volume 3, No. 1, pp. 46 – 57.
RESEARCH AND IMPACT
- Applied Management, Applied Engineering and Applied Technology.
Thesis and Dissertation
- DSc -Tech. Industrial Engineering & Management (Industrial-based project dissertation with Wärtsilä Oy, Vaasa. Finland.): "Conceptual Framework for Large-Scale Complex Engineering Design & Delivery Processes: A Case of SCM Network Information Exchange and Communication Analysis."
- MSc Digital Enterprise Management with Project Management: "Information Systems and Information Technology Implementation and Management: (A Competitive Advantage) among Manufacturing SMEs in Ghana - (2003 - 2007)."
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering (Industrial-based project dissertation with Denso Manufacturing UK Ltd): "Optimization of the Top Plate of the Honda CRV MS-Evaporator Unit and its Manufacturing Processes."
Refereed Journal Papers
- Richard Addo-Tenkorang, Norman Gwangwava, Enoch N. Ogunmuyiwa, Albert, U. Ude. (2019). Advanced Animal Track-&-Trace Supply-Chain Conceptual Framework: An Internet of Things Approach. Procedia Manufacturing 00 (2018) 000–000. 14th Global Congress on Manufacturing and Management (GCMM-2018) 5 - 7 December 2018, Brisbane, Australia.
- Oluwagbenga T, Johnson, Enoch N. Ogunmuyiwa, Albert U. Ude, Norman Gwangwava and Richard Addo-Tenkorang. (2019). Mechanical Properties of Heat-treated Medium Carbon Steel in Renewable and Biodegradable Oil. Procedia Manufacturing, 00 (2019) 000–000. International Conference on Sustainable Materials Processing and Manufacturing, SMPM 2019, Sun City Resort, South Africa, 8 - 10 March 2019.
- Norman Gwangwava, Albert U Ude, Enoch Ogunmuyiwa and Richard Addo-Tenkorang. (2018). Cloud-based 3D Printing Business Modelling in the Digital Economy. International Journal of E-Entrepreneurship and Innovation (IJEEI) 8(2). DOI: 10.4018/IJEEI.2018070103.
- Norman Gwangwava, Albert U Ude, Enoch Ogunmuyiwa and Richard Addo-Tenkorang. (2018). Social Communities of Design and Makers and their Impact on Learning. International Journal of E-Entrepreneurship and Innovation (IJEEI) 8(1). DOI: 10.4018/IJEEI.2018010103.
- Richard Addo-Tenkorang and Petri Helo. (2016). Big data applications in operations/supply-chain management: A literature review, Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol. 101, pp. 528-543.
- Richard Addo-Tenkorang and Petri Helo. (2016). Analysis of Enterprise Supply Chain Communication Networks in Engineering Product Development. Emerald The International Journal of Logistics Management. 1, 125.
- Richard Addo-Tenkorang, Petri Helo, and Jussi Kantola. (2016). Concurrent Enter-prise: A Conceptual Framework for Enterprise Supply Chain Network Activities. Taylor and Francis International Journal Enterprise Information Systems. 1, 125.
- Mogale Sabone and Richard Addo-Tenkorang, (2016). "Benchmarking performance measurement systems in Botswana's construction sector." Journal of Construction Project management and Innovation, Volume 6, Supplement 1, (Special Issue), ISSN 2223-7852.
- Richard Addo-Tenkorang and Petri T. Helo. (2014). ERP SaaS Value Chain: A Proposed SaaS Model for Manufacturing SCM Networked Activities. International Journal of Business Information Systems. 17, 355372.
- Shamsuzzoha, Ahm; Ehrs, Mikael; Addo-Tenkorang, Richard; Nguyen, Duy; Helo, Petri. (2013). Performance evaluation of tracking and tracing for logistics operations. International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics. 5, 3154.
- Addo-Tenkorang R.; L. Zhu; E. I. Neaga; D. Marasová. (2012). Supply Chain Efficiency of Environmentally Friendly Microalgae based Biodiesel Production. The International Journal of Transport and Logistics. 19, 755765.
- Yohanes, Kristianto; Mian M., Ajmal; Addo-Tenkorang, Richard; Matloub, Hussain. (2012). Study of Technology Adoption in Manufacturing Firm. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management. 23, 198 211.
- Addo-Tenkorang, R., Kantola, J., Helo, P., and Shamsuzzoha, A. (2016). Supply Chain Strategies and the Engineer-to-Order Approach, IGI Global Book Editing Project - Information Science Publication, April 2016, 283 pages.
- Richard Addo-Tenkorang, Petri Helo, and Jussi Kantola. (2016). Engineer To Order Product Development: A Technical Communication Network Analysis for Sustainable Supply Chain Management.). IGI Global Book-Chapter. Book Editing Project: Title: Supply Chain Strategies and the engineer to order Approach, Book Edited by Richard Addo-Tenkorang, Jussi Kantola, Petri Helo and Ahm Shamsuzzoha. 115.
- Richard Addo-Tenkorang; Ephrem Eyob. (2012). Engineer to Order (ETO): A Maturity Concurrent Engr. Methodology Best Practice SCM). IGI Global Book-Chapter: Customer Oriented Global SC: Concepts for Effective Management. Book Edited by Ephrem Eyob; Edem Tetteh. 433 Pages.
- Richard Addo-Tenkorang. (2011). Management Information Systems/IT Implementation & Management). Book: Management Information Systems/IT Implementation & Management, VDM Dr Muller. (Book- Working Document). . 76 pages.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Babedi Kufigwa, Norman Gwangwava, Richard Addo-Tenkorang, Enoch Ogunmuyiwa and Albert Ude. (2019). Implementation of Lean manufacturing tools in an abattoir: A case study of a Botswana Private Beef Abattoir. Proceeding in: The 1st International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, South Africa.
- Norman Gwangwava, Taboka Motlhabane, Richard Addo-Tenkorang, Enoch Ogunmuyiwa, Albert Ude and William Msekiwa Goriwondo. (2019). Root Cause Analysis for Fuel Losses in Bulk Oil Storage Tanks. Proceeding in: The 1st International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, South Africa.
- E Kwegyir-Afful, E Kwegyir-Afful, R Addo-Tenkorang, J . (2017). Kantola Effects of Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) Standard: A Study on Core Competencies Building and Organizational Learning, (2017). International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics, 395-405, The Westin Bonaventure Hotel, Los Angeles, California, USA.
- E.O. Olakanmi, R. Addo-Tenkorang, B. Nthubu, O.P. Oladijo, M.T. Oladiran, J. Katende, (2016). Comparison of Fresh and Graduate Engineering Students Design Conceptualization Process, SEFI conference 2016 "Engineering Education on Top of the World: Industry-University Cooperation," Tampere, Finland, September 12-15, 2016.
- S., Mogale, Addo-Tenkorang, Richard, (2016). Adoption of performance measurement systems: a study of Botswana’s construction industry, 5th International Conference On Infrastructure Development In Africa, Johannesburg, South Africa, July 13-15, 2016.
- Addo-Tenkorang, R., Ogunmuyiwa, E.N., Nthubu, B., Tjiparuro, Z., and Juma, A. (2016). Changes in the perception of freshman engineering students: team-based problem learning approach in an engineering-design foundation course, 9th International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation, Seville, Spain, 14 - 16 November 2016.
- Tafor, P., Geier, S., Ogunmuyiwa, E.N., Addo-Tenkorang, R. (2016). Higher education involving students: A literature research in constructivism, connectivism and experiential learning perspective, 9th International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation, Seville, Spain, 14 - 16 November 2016.
- Shamsuzzoha Ahm, Ehrs Mikael, Addo-Tenkorang Richard, Helo Petri. (2015). Tracking and Tracing of Global Supply Chain Network: Case Study from Finnish Company. Conference presentation: 17th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS), in Barcelona, Spain.
- Anna Rymaszewska, Khuram Shahzad, and Richard Addo-Tenkorang. (2014). Supply Chain Information Flow Integration: A Proposed Optimal Approach. Conference presentation: Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Innovation & Management. 218226.
- Richard Addo-Tenkorang, Petri Helo, Jussi Kantola, Josu Takala. (2014). Technical Communication in Complex Product Development Activities: Towards a Sustainable Competitive Advantage Perspective. Conference presentation: Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Innovation and Management. 126131.
- Yuqiuge Hao and Richard Addo-Tenkorang. (2014). Cloud Solutions and Market Analysis in the Nordic Countries. Conference presentation: Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Innovation and Management. 273280.
- Addo-Tenkorang, Richard; Helo, Petri; Shamsuzzoha, Ahm; Ehrs, Mikael; Nguyen, Duy Phuong. (2012). Logistics & Supply Chains Management Tracking Networks: Data Management System Integration/Interfacing Issues. Conference presentation: 2012 Proceedings of PICMET '12: Technology Management for Emerging Technologies. 21982206.
- Ehrs, Mikael; Addo-Tenkorang, Richard; Shamsuzzoha, Ahm; Helo, Petri; Nguyen, Duy. (2012). Implementing a Cloud-based Handling Unit Tracking in a Project centred Inbound Supply Chain. Conference presentation: International Conference on Supply Chain and Operations Management. 18. South Korea.
- Addo-Tenkorang Richard, Helo Petri. (2011). Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP): A Literature Review Report. Conference presentation: World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science 2011 (WCECS 2011). 9.
- R. Addo-Tenkorang, L. Zhu, E. I. Neaga, D. Marasová. (2011). Supply Chain Efficiency of Environmentally Friendly Microalgae Based Biodiesel Production. Conference presentation: Carpathian Logistic Conference CLC 2011. 11.
- Richard Addo-Tenkorang. (2011). Concurrent Engineering (CE): A Literature Review Report. Conference presentation: World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science 2011 (WCECS 2011). 7.
- Shamsuzzoha Ahm, Addo-Tenkorang Richard, Nguyen Duy and Helo Petri. (2011). Logistics Tracking: An Implementation Issue for Delivery Network. Conference presentation: Technology Management in the Energy Smart World (PICMET). 31273136.
Reviewer for the following internationally renowned journals and publishing houses:
- Enterprise Information Systems (EIS), Taylor and Francis Peer Review International Journal
- International Journal of Production Research (IJPR), Taylor and Francis Peer Review International Journal
- Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, (JMTM), Emeralds Peer Review International Journal
- Journal of Systems Information Technology, (JSIT), Emeralds Peer Review International Journal
- European Journal of Operation Research, Elsevier Peer Review International Journal
- Computers & Industrial Engineering Journal, Elsevier Peer Review International Journal
- Transactions on Evolution Computation, IEEE Transactions on Evolution Computation Peer Review International Journal
- Centre for Research, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Anna University, Sardar Patel Road, Chennai - 600025. India.
- Member of the Program Committee of the International Conference on Research and Practical Issues of Enterprise Information Systems - CONFENIS 2018.
- 11th ICIM 2014 Conference - Organising and Scientific Team Leader & the Session Chair for the "ICT Innovation Management" parallel session, University of Vaasa, Vaasa. Finland.
- Amazon UK
- Inchainge BV, Netherlands.
MBA - Supply Chain Management
Our specialised MBA offers a Supply Chain Management pathway, critical to strategic objectives, through the existing contemporary and practical MBA.Read more
- Supply Chain Management
- Managing Strategy Operations & Partnerships
- Applied Business Projects