Extenuating Circumstances are circumstances which
- impair your examination performance prevent you from attending examinations or other types of assessment, or
- prevent you from submitting coursework or other assessed work by the scheduled deadline date, or within 24 hours of the deadline date
Such circumstances rarely occur and would normally be
- unforeseeable - in that you could have no prior knowledge of the event concerned, and
- unpreventable - in that you could do nothing reasonably in your power to prevent such an event, and
- expected to have a serious impact on performance
You are expected to make reasonable plans to take into account commonly occurring circumstances (such as transport or computer problems) even those which, on occasion, may have been unforeseeable and unpreventable.