We’re one of the only universities in London to have a self-contained campus – you'll find almost everything you need at Docklands. You’ll study in stunning waterfront surroundings and always be close to the opportunities central London offers.
The world on your doorstep
East London is our home, but we’re also well connected to the rest of the capital and the world. Our Docklands campus is located steps away from a Docklands Light Railway (DLR) station and the Elizabeth Line links nearby Custom House to central London in 15 minutes. London City Airport sits just across the river. You can fly from London City Airport to many destinations, including Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Croatia and Poland.
Places to eat, drink and explore
Want to grab a quick coffee, get a quick bite for lunch at a trendy food stall or eat dinner with friends? There's plenty of places on campus including Starbucks, Costa and the Edge restaurant. Next door are some of the capital's most famous venues such as the O2 Arena, Royal Drawing School at Trinity Buoy Wharf and ExCel London - one of the biggest event spaces in the world.
Docklands is home to our £21 million sports facility, SportsDock. Its doors are open to students, staff, the community, and national and international organisations.
Some big names have trained there, like LeBron James and Team USA who used SportsDock as their training base for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Facilities for your course
Facilities for your course We’ve invested £170 million in fantastic spaces. Whatever subject you study, you’ll have exactly what you need to prepare for your career. Everything is industry standard, from our multimedia production spaces to specialist labs for research.
A campus as flexible as your lifestyle
Not only is our campus diverse, bursting with opportunities and close to everything London has to offer, but it also provides you with everything you need to balance your life and your studies. Here are some more reasons why students love studying and living on Docklands campus:
- A 24/7 library meaning you can spend time studying when it suits you;
- There is an on-campus nursery so you can attend lectures knowing your little ones are in safe hands;
- UEL offers student accommodation with a range of premium, standard and wheelchair accessible spaces, ensuring you’ll find a home that matches your budget and needs;
- You'll always have someone to turn to when you need support with on-campus security available 24 hours a day, plus access to student support and well-being services;
- We also run free buses to our Stratford campus, so it’s easy to get from lecture to lecture - or to the shops and restaurants at Westfield Stratford City!
Explore Docklands campus
Want to see our Docklands campus for yourself? Book your place on an Open Day or take a virtual tour of campus today.Take a campus tour