Health and safety
Welcome to the Health and Safety Unit
We exist to provide an advisory service to all staff and to ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone who works, studies or visits UEL. Our remit covers three key areas.
- Health and Safety
- Occupational Health
- Work/Health Balance
The UEL Health and Safety Handbook is your guide to internal policies and safety advice and is designed to be read by all members of staff.
We are all responsible for ensuring the health and safety of staff, students and visitors to UEL so it is important to you make yourself familiar with key issues and guidelines.
The Handbook is updated as UEL policies, government legislation and new health and safety issues are taken into account, so it's important that you also refer back to these pages regularly to refresh your knowledge.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Contractor policy
- Permit to work system
- Event activities on our premises
- Visiting teaching staff policy
- No smoking policy
- Fire Safety Policy
- Employee health questionnaire
- Accident report policy
- Accident report form
RoSPA President's Award
RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards 2020
UEL has been awarded Gold for the 13th year running in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards 2020.
HSU Key contacts
- Del Basi - Head of Health and Safety, Email: email@example.com, Phone: 020 8223 2966
- Tariro Nyamundaya - Health & Safety Advisor, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 020 8223 2793
- Vacant - Occupational Health Advisor
- Sherene Dezso - Health & Safety Administrator, Email: S.Dezso@uel.ac.uk, Phone: 020 8223 2296