Dr Mihaela Anca Ciupala
Leader of the Research Group: Sustainable Urban Built Environment; Member of the Research groups: Resilient Built Environment; Intelligent Technologies.
Department of Engineering & Construction , School of Architecture, Computing and Engineering
Dr Anca Ciupala is a reader in structural engineering, EU Marie Curie Research Fellow, and the postgraduate research degrees leader in the School of Architecture, Computing and Engineering.
As an educator, she has been teaching a broad range of engineering subjects related to the civil/structural engineering, mechanical engineering, mechatronics and railway engineering.
Dr Ciupala's interdisciplinary research currently spans over the areas of structural engineering, environmental engineering and applied digital science, focusing on sustainable seismic retrofitting of buildings, and the application of machine/deep learning, and computer vision for structural and environmental solutions. She has been an active PhD supervisor in the above interdisciplinary research areas.
- PhD in Earthquake Engineering and Safety of Structures, Technical University "Gh Asachi" Iasi, Romania (1999)
- MEng Honours in Civil Engineering, Technical University "Gh Asachi" Iasi, Romania; Faculty of Civil Engineering and Building Services (1991)
- MBA in General Management, University of East London, UK (2009)
Areas Of Interest
- Sustainable seismic retrofitting solutions for buildings;
- Applied digital science/Artificial Intelligence to structural engineering and environmental solutions;
- Construction of narratives and communication of new perspectives on engineering and environmental subjects
- Education for disaster resilience