The ELSTP seeks to radically diversify the regional and national talent pool by introducing an inclusive, holistic and unique talent framework for East London, supporting local athletes to achieve sporting excellence alongside whole-person development.
- Identify and develop potential elite sporting talent
- Facilitate athlete progression and/or performance success
- Provide potential elite athletes with access to alternative sports, including non-conventional sports
- Diversifying the regional and national sporting talent pool
- Implement a whole-person approach to developing talent in East London
- Support local coaches with talent development, progression to Elite Talent Pathways, Continued Professional Development and education
The ELSTP seeks to support athletes between the ages of 11 - 24 and progress them through a tier-system. Dependant on the tier, the ELSTP will provide enrolled athletes with various levels of support to help them develop.
Suitable for athletes competing at national/international level
Everything in Tier 1 and 2 plus
Potential competition travel support package
SportsDock arena booking
Opportunities to mentor Tier 1 athletes
The enrolment process
Attendance at athlete taster day
Registration on Talent Pathway
Allocation to appropriate Tier
Pre-enrolment in-person induction
Enrolment onto Talent Pathway (intakes in April / September)
6 monthly review and assessment with Tier reallocation based on performance
Register your interest
We are currently recruiting athletes to become a part of the ELSTP as well as local coaches and organisation to develop partnerships with in order to support local athletes. If interested select the button that best-describes you below and complete an application form.