East London Sport Talent Pathway (ELSTP)
The ELSTP seeks to radically diversify the regional and national talent pool by introducing an inclusive, holistic and unique talent framework for East London, supporting local athletes to achieve sporting excellence alongside whole-person development.
The aims of the ELSTP
The aims of the ELSTP are to:
- Identify and develop potential elite sporting talent
- Facilitate athlete progression and/or performance success
- Provide potential elite athletes with access to alternative sports, including non-conventional sports
- Diversifying the regional and national sporting talent pool
- Implement a whole-person approach to developing talent in East London
- Support local coaches with talent development, progression to Elite Talent Pathways, Continued Professional Development and education
The ELSTP tier system
The ELSTP seeks to support athletes between the ages of 11 - 24 and progress them through a tier-system. Dependant on the tier, the ELSTP will provide enrolled athletes with various levels of support to help them develop.
Suitable for talented/engaged individuals showing a passion for sport, early signs of skill development and aspirations for sporting excellence.
- Strength & conditioning support and gym access;
- 'Experience days' to expose athletes to alternative sports;
- Workshops to assist with aspects such as nutrition, lifestyle and time management;
- Regular performance and capability testing;
- ELSTP training kit;
- 1:1 bookable consultations with East London Sport support team.
Suitable for athletes competing in sport at county/regional level.
Everything in Tier 1 plus
- Personalised, sport specific strength & conditioning consultations and plan
- 'Experience days' specifically focussed on 'life as an elite athlete' including things such as cryotherapy, media training
- Additional support in the form of sports therapy, athlete role model talks, access to resources, employability advice and preparation
- Additional workshop sessions on anti-doping, performance nutrition, sport psychology, personal branding
- Compulsory athletic testing every 6 weeks
Suitable for athletes competing at national/international level
Everything in Tier 1 and 2 plus
- Potential competition travel support package
- SportsDock arena booking
- Opportunities to mentor Tier 1 athletes
The enrolment process
- Attendance at athlete taster day
- Registration on Talent Pathway
- Allocation to appropriate Tier
- Offer letter
- Pre-enrolment in-person induction
- Enrolment onto Talent Pathway (intakes in April / September)
- 6 monthly review and assessment with Tier reallocation based on performance
Register your interest
We are currently recruiting athletes to become a part of the ELSTP as well as local coaches and organisation to develop partnerships with in order to support local athletes. If interested select the button that best-describes you below and complete an application form.
ELSTP Upcoming events
We have events for everyone, whether you’re an athlete, parent, coach or teacher.Upcoming events
Meet the team
Meet the team behind the ELSTP for insight into who they are, what they do and where they’re from.Meet the team
London Youth Rowing
East London Sport Talent Pathway athletes got a taste of what it's like to be a rower!Learn about the rowing event