Technology Enhanced Active Learning (TEAL)
The benefits of Technology Enhanced Active Learning (TEAL) are:
- Increased face-to-face learning and teaching - you will spend your timetabled contact hours on campus in a 2.5 day block and have access to a wide range of additional learning and career development opportunities.
- Access to recorded lectures, notes, readings and e-resources through the VLE, so that your engagement in learning takes place beyond timetabled hours.
- Access to industry standard technology and specialist spaces that help prepare you for your future career.
- Dedicated time, every Wednesday afternoon, for most students to engage in activities and development programmes such as sport and physical activity, volunteering and student-led clubs and societies.
- A holistic approach to learning and teaching, providing a range of opportunities to actively develop academically, personally and professionally.
- Access to our on campus and virtual Career Zones: places to receive advice and guidance, meet employers, practice interviews and engage with opportunities for internships and jobs.
- Personalised support throughout the learner journey, with access to academic advisers, skills tutors, career coaches and wellbeing advisers.
- A dedicated portal - "Track My Future (TMF)" - which provides access to all learning and support services and your own student engagement dashboard.
Education can do more
Our programme of co-curricular experiences is designed to go beyond academic skills. We invest in your professional and personal development through a range of initiatives, including our enrichment programme which includes the following opportunities:
- Sport, physical activity and health
- Student societies and groups
- Industry speakers, events and visits
- Cultural and social events
- Student enterprise
- Events for students living in on-campus accommodation
- Academic enrichment activities, including personalised support opportunities.
Gain the edge with our careers first focus
Our Careers first focus means we want to help our students reach their full potential, in and outside of the classroom, and make everything you achieve count towards your future career success. The East London Edge Programme gives you opportunities to complete online learning to help you boost your skills and get career ready. You can complete a range of learning pathways, and gain digital badges, in areas including:
- Work-based Learning
- Professional Development
- Student Life
- Volunteering and Community Engagement
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Students develop core competencies in these areas, keep a record of this valuable learning within the Career Passport, and learn to articulate this to future employers.