BSc (Hons) Apprenticeship Digital And Technology Solutions Professional Level 6
Computer Science and Digital Technologies
We offer a highly practical work-based course that will prepare you for a career in computing.
Earn while you learn and learn on the job! The BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions apprenticeship degree is designed to equip you with the skills needed to thrive in rapidly changing technology environments.
If you want to work for a company or organisation at the forefront of technological change and innovation and get paid to study for a degree at the same time then this course will help you achieve your goal.
What makes this course different?
Digital and Technology Solutions apprenticeship degrees are based upon the Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions Professional apprenticeship standard, approved by the Skills Funding Agency (SFA) and the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS).
The apprenticeship standard was developed by a group of major companies including Fujitsu, Hewlett Packard, IBM, BT, Ford, Network Rail and Lloyds Banking Group.
We offer a highly practical work based course that will prepare you for a career in computing.
We have Academy status with industry leaders Microsoft and CompTIA, so your UEL qualification has added credibility.
Make an enquiry
How you'll learn
An essential part of all apprenticeship degrees such as the BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions is learning on the job.
Typically you will spend 80% of your time working and the remaining 20% studying at UEL but this course is delivered in such a way that enables you to directly apply and develop the skills and knowledge gained on campus in your working environment.
Learning on the job is however a two-way process and hence the experiences gained in the workplace can be related to the academic content of the degree, producing a synergistic approach to learning.
These labs support a wide range of subjects including networking, network security and digital forensics, operating systems, programming, database and web development.
We also make extensive use of Moodle, a virtual learning environment, to give you extra support and enable easy communication between students and staff.
The teaching team includes qualified academics, practitioners and industry experts as guest speakers. Full details of the academics will be provided in the student handbook and module guides.
Your future career
This course is specifically designed for students who are already in or will shortly begin employment within the IT sector.
You will be selected for this apprenticeship degree by your (prospective) employer and will be given, as part of the course, the opportunity to specialise in one of six areas; software engineering, IT consultancy, business analysis, data analysis, cyber security analysis or network engineering.
Upon completion of this course, you will continue to develop your specialist knowledge and skills within your employer's organisation.
This qualification also lends itself to postgraduate study and research if you so desire.
Explore the different career options you can pursue with this degree and see the median salaries of the sector on our Career Coach portal.