Online Interview Information for BSc Occupational Therapy
Thank you for booking an online interview for BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy at the University of East London.
How will the interview take place?
- Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
- Please download Microsoft Teams App and we will send you a link for your online interview. You will receive this approximately 2 working days before your interview date.
- Please ensure you accept this invitation to confirm your attendance.
- If you unable to attend, you can decline the invitation and re-book in the Applicant Portal.
- Due to high demand for this course you should try to attend the original date you booked as we cannot guarantee future dates will be available.
- The email will contain a link saying “Click here to join” which you will need to do 10 minutes before the start time of your interview.
The interview will last approximately 30 minutes.
What do I need to prepare?
Prior to the interview please read the NHS constitution.
Make sure you focus on the principles and values.
What do you need for the interview?
- You will need to have a camera and microphone for the interview. If your laptop or computer does not have this, you can use your smartphone or tablet
- Please also ensure you have a valid form of photo identification, such as a passport or driving licence.
- You will need to have completed and submitted the Student Suitability Declaration Form before the interview which you will have received a separate email for.
What will happen on the day?
- 10 minutes before the start of the interview please click on the link in the email invitation to join the meeting, to ensure you can test the microphone and camera on your chosen device. If there are any issues you then have enough time to try a different device if needed.
- Ensure you have your photo identification on hand. You will not be able to attend the interview if you are unable to show your ID.
- You will need to follow the on-screen prompts which will take you to the waiting lobby where the interviewer will invite you into the virtual interview room.
- The prompts may include asking if you wish to join via Microsoft Teams or through your web browser. (You may need to try both if one does not work.)
- You will be interviewed by a member of the teaching team. A service user may also be on the panel.
- We will ask you a number of questions and you will have an opportunity to ask any questions you have about the course and studying here at UEL.
- Questions will focus on your understanding of Occupational Therapy as a career and what skills and attributes you have that would make you a good Occupational Therapist and able to work in the health professions.
Post interview task
After your interview you will be asked to complete a short reflection of the interview (no more than 250 words), this needs to be submit via email to your interviewer. You will be provided with their email address at your interview.
This must be completed within 24 hours of your interview.
You may wish to reflect on:
- How you thought the interview went
- How you may have been perceived or
- Anything you would add or change
English and Mathematics
GCSE English and Mathematics Grade 4 / C or a recognised Level 2 equivalent is mandatory for entry onto the course.
If you are offered a place you will need to provide evidence of having these qualifications prior to enrolling on the course.
You should therefore be prepared to undertake additional study online or at a local college or Further Education institution if you do not hold these qualifications.
Please ensure that you have researched how to take these qualifications and that you can receive the official results in good time to start the course.
Commonly accepted qualifications are:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Level 2 Adult Literacy and Numeracy
- Level 2 Key Skills in Communication and Application of Number
- WAEC in English and Mathematics (Grade C6 or above)