BA (Hons) Drama, Applied Theatre and Performance auditions
Congratulations, you have been selected to interview for a place on our BA (Hons) Drama, Applied Theatre and Performance course. There is also the opportunity to attend an optional in-person workshop/tour of the building as well.
How will the online interview take place?
- Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams.
- Please download the Microsoft Teams App and we will send you a link. You will receive this approximately 2 working days before.
- Please ensure that you accept this invitation to confirm your attendance.
- If you are unable to attend, please inform the Course Tutor who invited you in the first instance.
What do you need for the interview?
- You will need to have a camera and microphone for the interview. If your laptop or computer does not have this, you can use your smartphone or tablet as an alternative.
- You will also need to have completed and submitted the pre-interview form to the Applicant Portal, which will be discussed during the interview.
- You may wish to bring notes with you of any points that you find particularly interesting or would like to ask questions about.
What will happen on the day of the online interview?
- 5-10 minutes before the start of your interview, please click on the link in the email invitation to join the meeting, to ensure you can test the microphone and camera on your chosen device. If there are any issues you then have enough time to try a different device if needed.
- You will need to follow the on-screen prompts which will take you to the waiting lobby where the interviewer will invite you to the virtual interview room.
- The prompts may include asking if you wish to join via Microsoft Teams or through your web browser (You may need to try both if one does not work).
What to expect at the optional in-person workshop
- If you are attending the optional in-person workshop, there will be a live presentation about the course and tour of the building.
- Our workshops are conducted through a relaxed and playful approach with the goal of both parties getting to know each other.
- Applicants need to come prepared to move in comfortable clothing and to participate in a practical workshop session.
- Following the workshops, you may be required to attend a short individual interview as well as a writing task.
What we are looking for
- Applicants who have an open mind and are curious to learn and study.
- Applicants who are able to follow instructions and respond to advice and feedback offered.
- A mature and professional approach.
- Ability to participate in and contribute to the workshop sessions – as well as your enthusiasm and engagement.
- Ability to communicate reflectively and critically about your experience of the workshops.
- Able to collaborate creatively and constructively with performers from a range of disciplines and backgrounds.
What happens after the audition/interview day?
We will notify you of the outcome of your audition and interview via email. If you are offered a place, you will be required to accept/decline your place via the Applicant Portal and, if you have applied via UCAS, via UCAS Track by the UCAS deadline.
Please use the 'Contact Us' tile via your Applicant Portal, if you have any further questions.
We look forward to meeting you soon.
BA (Hons) Drama Applied Theatre Performance
Combine socially engaged performance practice with contemporary theatre, make performance for and with specific audiences.Find out more