Pre entry support
For those returning to education, short courses are available with direct entry into some degree programmes.
UEL seeks to support care experienced and estranged students into higher education and delivers opportunities through activities and events to get involved in before enrolment. You will benefit from:
- One-to-one information, advice and guidance with a specialist careers adviser to support you with course choices, entry requirements and pre-entry support.
- Support with the University application process, including UCAS support, personal statement and interview or portfolio preparation.
- Access to short courses specifically designed for mature learners and those without formal qualifications to gain access to Higher Education, such as our New Beginnings programme.
- Opportunities to go on a campus tour with a student ambassador and find out more about university life on campus.
- Workshops to support attainment through after school clubs, taster days and summer schools hosted by our Schools and Colleges team.
Information for schools and colleges
If you are a School Staff member working with care experienced students, or Head of a Virtual School, get in touch with our Schools and Colleges team for more information on the outreach opportunities we have available.
If you would like to know more about how we can work with care experienced students in your school, contact us at email@example.com.
Get in touch
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in contact with our Care Leaver and Estranged Students Advisors, Katarina Blanco and Alexandria Manning. You can either call them via The Hub on +44 (0)208 223 4444 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more
Support during your studies
This section provides information of what support is available to care leavers who are studying at the University of East London.Read more
Care leavers and estranged students
At the University of East London we are proud to offer an inclusive package of support for care leavers.Read more