Before you arrive (international)
Before you arrive checklist
Preparation is the key to success and our goal is to ensure you have the best possible start to your time here at University of East London. To help you get ready, below is a checklist of things you need to work through before you arrive:
1. Obtain Your Visa (if you are from the EU, you can skip this step)Show
If you need any help related to your CAS or visa application, view our advice pages or contact our friendly international student advice team by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Complete Online EnrolmentShow
You can enrol online whist waiting for your visa to be granted. Instructions on how to enrol will be sent to you by email once you have been granted authority to register. If you need any further support with the enrolment process, view our dedicated guidance on how to complete online enrolment.
3. Arrange Your AccommodationShow
We strongly recommend that you reserve accommodation and create a plan for when and how you will move into your new home, prior to travelling to the UK. This will enable a smooth transition experience when you arrive in London.
We recommend staying in our on-campus Halls of Residence in your first year. All rooms are en-suite and rent prices include the costs of home insurance, electricity and water bills as well as our award-winning 5G wifi internet access.
4. Register for Airport TransfersShow
If you would like us to arrange an airport transfer on your behalf, we must receive confirmation of your flight itinerary 72hrs prior to your arrival into the UK. Please complete the form on the link below to request more information: UEL Airport Transfers.
5. Complete OrientationShow
Orientation is broken up into four different parts, as follows:
- It begins with our Kickstarter Programme
(9 – 13 January 2023), a 5-day online course, with talks from Academic Skills Tutors, Student Services, Career Zone, IT and more – all designed to help get the best start possible. Sessions are recorded so if you miss the live webinars, you can still view the content.
- Next is our Pre-Arrival Event
(17 January 2023), which is a 1-day online conference designed to support your immediate transition into university. At this event, we have a series of virtual information booths where you can live chat online to services! Plus, there are competitions and prizes to be won! As with the Kickstarter Programme, the sessions are recorded so if you miss the live webinars, you still view the content.
- Our International Welcome Day (18 January 2023) is a 1-day social event, welcoming new international students to our London campus at Docklands. Our Student Life Team will be hosting a campus tour and brunch, in what promises to be a lovely occasion. You can Register Online to book your place.
- Welcome Week (23 – 27 January) is an opportunity to join in our social programmes and meet your course tutors and peers for the first time in class on campus.
- To help you prepare for your course, we have a dedicated website for each course, where you will find:
- course induction dates, times and locations
- course contacts information
- pre-arrival tasks set by your tutors
- advice and guidance on how to get started
7. Prepare to Fly!Show
To view some helpful advice on what to pack before you depart your home country for the UK, please read our Before You Fly section.