MA Architecture and Urbanism Portfolio Request
Thank you for your application to the University of East London. As part of the admissions process you are required to submit a digital portfolio of your work.
How should I send my portfolio?
Please send a portfolio of your current work to support your application.
Your portfolio should be a single PDF file (no larger than 10MB in size) or a link to an online site.
Please submit your portfolio to the Postgraduate Admissions team email@example.com. The subject of your emails should state ‘Portfolio for Architecture’ and include your student reference number (e.g. UEL ref: 1444444).
When should I send my portfolio?
You should send in the portfolio within 2 weeks from the date requested.
If you cannot meet this deadline please contact us otherwise your application may be withdrawn if we do not receive a response.
What to include in my portfolio?
Your portfolio should demonstrate the equivalent skills and abilities of a Built Environment Discipline graduate. In summary and in particular, we will look for the following in the portfolio:
- Evidence of exploratory spatial design techniques including sketching, especially model-making and perspective-based imagery
- Sound technical knowledge of building design and conventional drawing abilities (plans, sections, elevations)
- Environmental and structural design knowledge
- Awareness of architectural history and theory
- Ability to synthesise the above into architectural proposals
- Depth of work, engagement and commitment to the subject
- Presentational skills
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us by calling 020 8223 3333 or Live chat: Click the live chat icon in the bottom right of the screen