South East New Energy Project
The SENE project has received funding from ERDF as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities is the Managing Authority for ERDF.
ABOUT SOUTH EAST NEW ENERGY
South East New Energy's goal is to understand and help remove the barriers that prevent us rapidly decarbonising our communities, buildings, transport and lives. Accelerating the transition to a low carbon economy and developing the local energy economy across the South East of England.
It will work with business, councils, communities, organisations, and households to:
- Better understand their energy needs to reduce consumption, and reduce carbon emissions
- Enable businesses to generate renewable energy
- Investigate switching vehicle fleets to lower carbon alternatives
- Develop and execute Net-Zero action plans
- Explore approaches to building affordable zero-carbon homes
- Retrofit existing homes
- Develop community and commercial energy projects
- Design, develop and bring to market new low carbon products and services
The SENE Project will be delivered across the South East of England's LEP area (SELEP). This encompasses the local authority areas of East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Medway, Southend and Thurrock.