The Engagement and Attendance Policy and why it exists
It is part of our academic regulations that if you have made a commitment to a taught programme of study you are required to attend all compulsory timetabled events as an essential part of your learning. In addition, the Student Loans Company (and the Home Office, in the case of international students) requires attendance to be monitored.
The Engagement and Attendance Policy is in place to encourage you to attend all of your compulsory timetabled classes. It is evidenced that a good attendance record has a positive impact on performance and is therefore key to you successfully achieving the outcomes of your programme.
We are keen to support you to maximise your potential and by monitoring attendance we are able to quickly spot patterns of non attendance and work with you to help you overcome any issues that may be affecting your attendance and/or studies so that you can stay on track.
You are strongly encouraged to click on the link and review the Engagement and Attendance Policy below.
Engagement and Attendance Policy
pdf, 248.88 KB
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions about the Engagement and Attendance Policy please take the time to review the Frequently Asked Questions (Login required) to see if your question is covered. If it is not, contact details are provided at the bottom of the page.
The Practical Stuff
- Register your attendance on campus by swiping your UEL ID card on the electronic card reader in the timetabled venue. You can swipe in no earlier than 10 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Register your attendance for events held on Microsoft Teams by clicking on the button which will be made available by your tutor
- Your punctuality and attendance are important - if you are continuously missing events you may be contacted to discuss the possibility of taking a break in your studies.
- If you have any problems that are affecting your punctuality and/or engagement then you are encouraged to seek support through your Academic Advisor or our available support services.
- You can contact the Student Support Hub
- By phone: +44 (0)20 8223 4444
- Login to My Portal, ensuring you have your login details (email and
password) to hand.