Dr Matthew Almond
School of Health, Sports & Biosciences , School of Health, Sport and Bioscience
Matthew Almond is the subject area Head of Health in the School of Health, Sport and Bioscience at UEL.
Areas Of Interest
- Gender, Sexuality and Health
- Health Promotion; theory and practice
I am privileged to work with a fantastic team that is the Health Department at UEL. We have some great programmes and are fully committed in our approach to students, staff and the community.
- Almond, M. (2014) Participation in the New Public Health Landscape in K. Regmi (ed.), Decentralizing Health Services: A Global Perspective, Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Rao, M. Bertotti, M. Dan-Ogosi, I. Almond, M. (2014). Workplace Well-being in the Chinese Business Community in London: Experiences and Views. PHE. London.
- Biddle, S. Chen, Y. Almond, M. (2013) Correlates of Sedentary Behaviour in Older Adults Using a Survey Conducted in the Workplace
BSc (Hons) Public Health
A public health degree will give you with skills and knowledge to improve and protect public health and the well-being of individuals, communities and populations.Find out more
Current teaching responsibilities (as module leader):
- HS4101 Understanding Health
- HS6101 Research Project
- HS6106 Gender, Sexuality and Health
- HS7103 Health Promotion; theory and practice