Mrs Katie Ketcher
Course Leader (Programme Leader) for BA (Hons) Education Studies, EDI Committee, Athena Swan Representative, UEL Women’s Network
Department of Early Childhood & Education , School of Education and Communities
I have now worked at UEL for nearly ten years within the Education and Communities academic department. My background was within FE colleges, and working for the National Teaching Service. I spent seven years working with children and families across the South-East as an Education & Community Officer. My previous experience includes advisory roles within local authorities, schools, social services and youth offending teams.
- Doctoral Student
- MSc Education Leadership
- PGCert Teaching & Learning in Higher Education
- BA (Hons) Education Studies
Areas Of Interest
My current research interests are within Student Experience, Co-collaborative Learning Spaces, care and ethic informed pedagogy.
I am also research active within the fields of parents in academia and parental, and maternal voices.
- Vice-Chair School Governor
- World Scout Youth Programme Leader
BA (Hons) Education Studies
This course provides you with an excellent foundation for a career in education.Read more
- ED3095 Mental Wealth, Academic and Professional Identity
- ED4064 Exploring Social Worlds
- ED4082 Youth Work Exploring Social Worlds
- ED5030 Youth Work Social Justice and Identity