Dr Jaya Nepal
Civil and Structural Engineering
Department of Engineering & Construction , School Of Architecture, Computing And Engineering
Dr Jaya Nepal (BSc(Eng) MSc PhD PGCert(Ed) FHEA) is a Senior Lecturer in Civil and Structural Engineering.
She leads a postgraduate course in Civil Engineering with Sustainability and is a Fellow of Higher Education Academy. She teaches Civil and Structural Engineering modules at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Her area of research is mainly focused on performance assessment of deteriorating civil engineering structures, reinforcement corrosion, sustainable concrete, and circular economy.
- BSc (Civil Eng)
- MSc (Civil and Structural Eng)
- PGCert (Ed)
Areas Of Interest
- Durability and reliability of structures
- Flood risk assessment
- Stochastic deterioration modelling and reliability analysis
- Management and maintenance of aging civil engineering infrastructure
- Advanced numerical modelling and non-linear finite element analysis
- Low carbon concrete using industrial waste
- Application of Circular economy in civil engineering
- Biobased building materials
PhD opportunities available in the above areas. Please contact via email for more details.