Dr Jaya Nepal
Civil and Structural Engineering
Department of Engineering & Construction , School of Architecture Computing and Engineering (ACE)
Dr Jaya Acharya Nepal (BSc(Eng) MSc PhD PGCert(Ed)) is a Senior Lecturer in Civil and Structural Engineering. She teaches Civil and Structural Engineering modules in both undergraduate and postgraduate level. Her area of research is mainly focused on performance assessment and optimal maintenance of deteriorating civil engineering structures.
- BSc (Eng)
Areas Of Interest
- Durability and reliability of structures
- Flood risk assessment
- Stochastic deterioration modelling and reliability analysis
- Management and maintenance of aging civil engineering infrastructure
- Life cycle performance analysis and optimized maintenance strategy
- Computational fracture and damage mechanics
- Advanced numerical modelling and non-linear finite element analysis
- Structural health monitoring, inspection and repair techniques
- Non- destructive testing of civil engineering infrastructure.
- Sustainable design