Mrs Havva Oykener
Early Childhood Education
Department of Early Childhood & Education , School of Education and Communities
My name is Havva Oykener, and I have been teaching in both Further and Higher Education for the past 20 years. I have been associated with UEL for the past five years.
- BA (Hons)
- MA ed,(Equality and Diversity)
- Dip Couns
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education
School Governor Special Education
I have a varied background in education, having worked across a range of sectors. I initially undertook a degree in Special Education, and worked in a Day Centre for People with Learning Disabilities. I then went on to work in Further Education, where I taught on varying Childcare Courses, Access to Education Courses, and Health and Social Care. I moved on to teach in Higher Education, where my specialism was with Learning Disability Studies. This led me on to teach on varying Early Years Degrees. I have also led a Foundation Degree in Early Childhood studies. I have taught on the Post Graduate Certificate in Education, and continue to have a keen interest across all areas of adult education and learning. I am a link tutor and collaborative partner to Chevron Training in Ireland.
I am currently a module leader for two Level 4 modules. I am also a module leader for distance learning undergraduate students. I supervise level 6 dissertation students both on campus and via the distance learning route. I am a personal tutor to students across level 4, 5 and 6. I teach on the Early Childhood Studies and Special Education Degree.
Research interests include
- Learner experiences of adult education
- Newly qualified teachers and their experiences of working with children with Special Educational Needs
- ED3400 Becoming an Early childhood Undergraduate
- ED4000 Introduction to Special Education
- ED4001 Teaching Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Ed4010 Children in their Social Contexts (on campus and Distance Learning)
- ED6000 Independent Research Project
- ED6003 Critical and Global Perspectives in Special and Inclusive Education
- ED6007 Early Childhood Research Dissertation