Dr Francis Frimpong
Lecturer in Economics
Business Analytics and Economics, Big Data Analytics, Political Economy of Africa, Neoliberalism and Financialisation, Poverty Alleviation
, Royal Docks School Of Business And Law
Dr Francis Boateng Frimpong is an associate MBA director, a senior lecturer, and a module leader in Business Analytics. He also teaches International Political Economy.
His research interests include Neoliberalism and Financialisation, Poverty Alleviation, the Political Economy of Africa, Big Data and Data Analytics. Francis is the author of Financialisation and Poverty Alleviation in Ghana: Myths and Realities.
Francis acquired his PhD in Economics at the University of East London and also gained a Certificate in Real Estate Economics and Finance from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). He is a Certified Management and Business Educator (CMBE), and a fellow of Advance HE (FHEA), which acknowledges his teaching excellence.
Francis is the associate director of the Centre for the Study of States, Markets and People (STAMP), a research centre that promotes advanced and applied research in social sciences. He is a reviewer for the Pan-African Journal of Business and Management.
- PhD, Economics, University of East London
- Certificate in Real Estate Economics and Finance - London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- Master of Education, University of Hull
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Business & Economics), University of Hull
- B.Ed. Social Sciences (Accounting and Economics), University of Cape Coast, Ghana
Areas Of Interest
- International Political Economy
- Industry 4.0
- Big Data Analytics