Dr Deborah Lee
Programme Director Bsc Counselling
Counselling, psychotherapy and social justice
, School Of Psychology
Dr Deborah A. Lee is Programme Director for the BSc Counselling, leading the degree course, and line managing BSc Counselling staff.
Dr Lee is a UKCP-Registered person-centred psychotherapist, and a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA), with current research interests in teaching, learning and assessing in counselling and psychotherapy. With Pete Sanders, she co-authored the new 4th edition of Step in to Study Counselling and Psychotherapy: A student's guide to tackling training and course assignments, PCCS Books, 2022 .
Areas Of Interest
- Person-centred counselling and psychotherapy
- Socio-political psychotherapy and counselling
- Psychotherapy and counselling education and training, teaching, learning and assessment
- 'Survivors' of sexual violence training as psychotherapists and counsellors
- Arts-based approaches to person-centred client and therapist case studies (poetry, plays, collage, fiction)
- The politics of writing the self, auto/biography, auto-ethnography, memoir, creative non-fiction, heuristic research
- Ethical collaborative contracting with clients taking part in case studies