, School of Psychology
- PhD Behavioural Neuroscience, Imperial College London
- PGCert Academic Practice in Higher Education, King's College London
Senior Fellow, Advance HE
Areas Of Interest
Dr Fidalgo is interested in the impact of health conditions in cognition and wellbeing.
Dr Fidalgo is the Programme Leader and the admissions tutor for the Distance-
A full list of his peer-reviewed publications can be found here.
- Zoe Z, Halstead L, Fidalgo AR, Dimitriou D (2021). Sleep quality moderates the
relationship between pain and depression among individuals with chronic pain. Frontiers in Psychology. DOI: 0.3389/fpsyg.2021.668930
- Zoe Z, Fidalgo AR, Halstead L, Dimitriou D (2021). Acute impact of the COVID-19
pandemic on sleep and mental health outcomes among individuals with chronic pain. Journal of Health Psychology. DOI: 10.1177/1359105321995962
- Ravalier J, Fidalgo AR, Russell L, Morton R (2017) Care Worker well-being: the influence of zero-hours contracts -https://doi.org/10.1093/occmed/kqx043, Occupational Medicine 67, pp 344-349
- Williams A, Gallagher E, Fidalgo AR, Bentley PJ (2016), Pain expressiveness and altruistic behavior: an exploration using agent-based modeling - https://doi.org/10.1097/j.pain.0000000000000443, Pain 157, pp 759-768
Dr Fidalgo's first ever international research experience was as an undergraduate
Since then his research has been funded by fellowships from Fundação para a
- Marking and moderation of coursework and assignments;
- Programme Leader for the Psychology by Distance-Learning BSc (Hons) degree;
- Admissions Tutor for the Psychology by Distance-Learning BSc (Hons) degree.
- Lecturer on Researching with Small Samples (PY4005): Researching with Larger
Samples (PY4006); The Psychology of Mental Health Difficulties in Adulthood (PY5015); Psychology of Choice (PY6011), and; Psychology of Belief (PUY6013);
- Module leader for Psychology in Applied Contexts (PY4004).