Ms Alice Reedy
, School of Education and Communities
- BA English Literature and Creative Writing (2.1) from University of East Anglia.
- PGCE from University of East London (with QTS).
- MA in Education (distinction) from University of East London.
Areas Of Interest
- Primary teaching, specifically Primary English, reading, reading for pleasure.
I am a UEL alumni, having completed both my Primary PGCE and MA Education at UEL and have worked in East London schools for over 7 years. I now lecture and tutor students on the Primary PGCE and BA Primary Education with QTS courses, undertaking the role of module leader for some key modules on these courses.
Research and Impact
My research so far has focussed reading for pleasure in the context of primary children. What makes them want to read? What are the barriers? How does this impact on our practice as educators/ student educators? I am looking forward to continuing this research with an additional lens of diversity in children’s literature and the impact this has on reading for pleasure.
United Kingdom Literacy Association.
- Children's perspectives on reading for pleasure: What can we learn from them and how can we adapt our practice accordingly? (chartered.college) (was also printed in impact journal)
- Children's perspectives on reading, agency and their environment: what can we learn about reading for pleasure from an East London primary school?: Education 3-13: Vol 49, No 2 (tandfonline.com)
Recently appointed external examiner at the University of Greenwich.
Teaching on the following modules:
Module leader of: