Sustainable Fashion Management BA(Hons) Portfolio request
Thank you for your application to study Fashion Marketing at the School of Arts & Creative Industries (ACI) with The University of East London.
As part of the admissions requirements you are required to upload a digital portfolio for us to assess your work.
How do I send my portfolio?
Please upload a portfolio of your current work to support your application (edited 20-25 pages).
Your portfolio should be submitted in a PDF / PowerPoint format.
What does my portfolio need to know?
You should aim to show knowledge of sustainable fashion design that inspires you alongside key projects you have created. Aim to make your portfolio easy for us to see your work and try and avoid repetition of lots of the same type of thing. Also less is sometimes more so don’t send us everything, just your best edited work focused on inclusion of the following:
- Sketchbooks full of ideas and visual experimentation
- Examples of fashion projects you have undertaken
- Evidence of techniques relevant to fashion design
- Evidence of visual research including museum/ gallery visits
- Evidence of relevant contemporary design articles
- Drawing skills including observational drawing, fashion illustration and technical drawing
- Knowledge of sustainable fashion designers
- Knowledge of sustainability from a global perspective
- CAD and digital skills
- Photographs of things that inspire you
- Evidence of self-initiated projects/work/blogs
- Colour, mixed media, sculptural work, photography, collage, and idea development
- Evidence of your understanding of fashion management
- Evidence of publication knowledge including relevant newspapers and high-end conceptual fashion magazines
How will I know the outcome?
We will notify you of the outcome through your UCAS Track or we will send you an email with our decision.
If you receive a place at UEL you will be required to accept/decline your place as per UCAS deadlines/the deadline in your email.
We look forward to seeing your work.