Mr Paul Bombo
Network Infrastructure; Systems (Operating Systems and Network) Administration
Department of Engineering & Computing , Computer Science and Digital Technologies; School of Architecture, Computing and Engineering
Paul Bombo is a Senior Lecturer and a Course Leader in the department of Computer Science and Digital Technologies.
He completed his Master's in Electrical Engineering in Belgium before he moved to UK, where he obtained a Master's degree in Microelectronic Techniques and applications. He developed an interest in Computing while working on simulation programs for his degree projects.
Prior to becoming a lecturer at UEL he worked in the IT department of a bibliographic company in London where he developed expertise in Fortran, C, C+ and Java programming.
- MEng Electrical Engineering
- MSc Microelectronics
Areas Of Interest
- Systems and Network Administration
- Deployment and security issues of BYOD in academic and school environments
- Gamification of Learning
Paul Bombo joined UEL in 2000 as an HPL and he has taught and led many different modules including Mathematics, Computing skills, Computer Networks, Operating Systems, Systems Administration and Mental Wealth.
His interests are wide and varied and currently include computer and network system administration and the impact of Computing on Learning and Teaching.
As a course leader of Computing Foundation studies, he is passionate in empowering students from a diverse range of backgrounds with fundamental skills to boost their chance of success in degree courses and to enhance their graduate-level employment prospects.
Paul has led students to research on BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) security and impact in Education.
- SD1331 Mathematic Fundamentals (level 4)
- SD1332 Mathematics in Practice (Level 4)
- SD2331 Statistics in Action (level 5)
- SD2332 Mathematic Applications
- SD3332 (level 5) Mathematical Optimization (level 6)
- CN5103 Operating Systems
- CN5106 Network Infrastructure and Protocols
- CN3031 Introduction to Business Information,
- CN3032 Level 4 Primers
- CN3033 Mental Wealth – Professional life and Group project
- CN3034 Key Skills
- CN5008 Systems Administration