Department of Professional Psychology , School of Psychology
Jeff is a valued member of the teaching and supervisory team on the MSc and BSc Occupational and Business Psychology programmes.
- MSc Organisational Psychology, University of London. City (Distinction)
- MSc Human Resource Development, South Bank University
- Post Graduate Certificate of Education, Roehampton Institute, University of Surrey
- BA (Hons), University of Kent (French and Theology)
As well as Senior Lecturer in Occupational and Business Psychology, Jeff Salter is the Founding Director of Mind The Gap Transformations, delivering consultancy and researching, writing and delivering programmes of training, facilitation and coaching for organisations and individuals interested in developing leadership, wellbeing and relationships at work.
His areas of expertise include personal resilience training, transformational, strategic and reflective leadership, working with conflict, psychological flexibility (mindfulness and ACT), turning values into behaviours, the psychological contract at work, developing trust relationships at work, emotional intelligence and dark side leadership.He teaches these subjects at UEL and his clients have included the YMCA movement, Accenture UK and Quakers in Britain.
Originally a teacher, he has held senior positions at YMCA George Williams College as Acting and Vice-Principal, Barnet and Brent Council over 35 years and worked in a range of educational and charitable organisations including Coventry, Goldsmiths, Brunel and Sheffield Hallam Universities.
Jeff's area of expertise includes: personal resilience training, transformational, strategic and reflective leadership, working with conflict, psychological flexibility (mindfulness and ACT), turning values into behaviours, the psychological contract at work, developing trust relationships at work, emotional intelligence and dark side leadership.
'Trust Comes On Foot But Leaves on Horseback': Exploring the Growth and Loss of Trust Between Employees and Their Line Managers in UK Universities' MSc Organisational Psychology dissertation: City, University of London.
- GC7415 Leading, Motivating and Engaging People at Work - module leader and lecturer
- PY6333 Training, Developing and Managing People in the Workplace - module leader and lecturer
- GC7416/7 Developing as a Researcher - lecturer and supervisor
- PY5213 Assessing People and Behaviour in Organisations - lecturer
- PY6305 Occupational Psychology - lecturer