Dr Elena Gomis Vicent
Postgraduate Student - Research
Research Methods, Drugs and Addictive Behaviours Research Group
, School of Psychology
Dr Elena Gomis-Vicent is a lecturer in the School of Psychology.
- BSc and MSc in Biological Sciences
- MSc in Cognitive Neuroscience
- PhD in Psychology
- Professional degree of Music
Areas Of Interest
- Non-invasive brain stimulation
Elena is currently working at UEL as a lecturer. In particular, she is the module leader of research methods in undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Previously, she completed a PhD investigating cognitive and physiological effects of non-invasive brain stimulation in the prefrontal cortex during gambling. As part of her PhD project, she conducted a clinical trial at the UK National Problem Gambling Clinic NHS Trust, and completed an internship at Berenson-Allen Center for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Harvard Medical School, in USA. She holds a BSc and MSc in Biological Sciences and MSc in Cognitive Neuroscience from the University of Valencia. Her main research interests involve exploring alternative and cost-effective interventions to improve treatment approaches for addiction.
- Gomis‐Vicent, E., Thoma, V., Turner, J. J., Hill, K. P., & Pascual‐Leone, A. (2019). Non‐invasive brain stimulation in behavioral addictions: insights from direct comparisons with substance use disorders. The American journal on addictions, 28(6), 431-454.
A conversion course for students with a first degree in another subject area. It means you could go on and train to be a professional psychologist.Read more
Applied Positive Psychology
Our world-renowned Applied Positive Psychology programmes offer innovative training in psychology and coaching psychology across a variety of different specialisms.Study with us
BSc (Hons) Psychology
You will develop a good knowledge of the influences on, and factors involved in, human functioning in all the core areas of psychology.Read more
- Research Methods - MSc Psychology Conversion
- Research Methods - MSc Applied Positive Psychology and Coaching Psychology
- Research Methods - BSc Psychology