Data journalism, Digital journalism, Multimedia journalism
, School of Arts and Creative Industries
Dr Renata Brandao is a Lecturer in Multimedia Journalism. Her research focuses on the uses and representations of data across media outlets. Her work demonstrates how data enhances and expands research and learning in innovative, creative and accessible ways. She teaches various journalism modules focusing on new and creative ways of using multimedia content and how to make better use of digital and interactive platforms.
- Digital Mediations and Advanced Critical Literacies In Modern Languages And Cultures Spence, P. & Faria Brandao, R., 2022, Language Acts and Worldmaking: How and Why the Languages We Use Shape Our World and Lives. Boyle, C. & Kelly, D. (eds.). John Murray, p. 210-240
- Digital Mediations. Spence, P. (ed.) & Faria Brandao, R. (ed.), 2021, Language Debates: Theory and Reality in Language Learning, Teaching and Research (Language Acts and Worldmaking. de Medeiros, A. & Kelly, D. (eds.). London: John Murray, p. 237-256
- Disrupting Digital Monolingualism: A report on multilingualism in digital theory and practice. Spence, P. & Faria Brandao, R., 2021, London: Language Acts and Worldmaking project. 50 p. DOIs: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5743283
- Towards Language Sensitivity and Diversity in the Digital Humanities. Spence, P., Faria Brandao, R.,2021, Digital Studies/Le champ numérique 11(1): 9, pp. 1–29. DOI: https://doi.org/10.16995/dscn.8098
- Critical Digital Pedagogies in Modern Languages – a Tutorial Collection. Spence, P. & Faria Brandao, R., 28 Aug 2020, In : Modern Languages Open.
- Língua e Linguagens: entre a pesquisa e o digital. Faria Brandao, R., May 2019, In : Liinc em Revista, Rio de Janeiro. 15, 1, p. 230-246 16
- Challenging Data-Driven Journalism Faria Brandão, R., 1 Jan 2019, In : Journalism Practice. 13, 8, p. 927-930 4
- Attitudes towards digital culture and technology in the Modern Languages Spence, P. & Brandão, R., Jan 2019, King's College London. 60 p. (Digital Mediations)
- Statistics in science journalism: an exploratory study of four leading British and Brazilian newspapers Faria Brandao, R. & Nguyen, An, 2017, News, Numbers and Public Opinion in a Data-Driven World. Bloomsbury
- The uses of Science Statistics in the News Media and on daily life Faria Brandao, R., 2017, Topics in Science and Mathematics Education Research: Specific features and use of technology.
- News: Articulating Crime Statistics in the Newsroom Lugo-Ocando, J. & Faria Brandão, R., 2015, In : Journalism Practice. 9, p. 715-729