Welcome to Strategic Planning
The Strategic Planning Directorate consists of two teams:
Strategic Planning and Management Information Team
- We are the first line of contact with UEL’s core grant-in-aid funders, especially HEFCE;
- We manage the submission of data returns to those funders and other agencies (like HESA) including major returns such as the HESA Student record, KIS and HESES;
- We manage internal planning processes including the annual planning round and student number forecasting and scenario planning and the implementation of the Corporate Plan;
- We analyse data and conduct research to improve our understanding of UEL’s performance and market position, and give help to UEL decision-makers; and
- We have overall responsibility for management information and provide the university with annual census and performance data and track performance against the University’s Key Performance Indicators.
- We manage strategic, mostly cross institutional projects on behalf of VCG
- We provide ad hoc coordination and project support, for example in setting up a project for a department to then manage, or facilitating a workshop on behalf of another project or department.
- We undertake feasibility and research studies to evaluate the requirement for a project